For some, this news may come as a shock and for others it may have been a long time coming. Either way, I am officially moving to New York City as I have accepted a Digital Account Executive position with mcgarrybowen! This decision was very difficult as I have grown incredibly fond of Minneapolis, a place that I truly can call home. That said, I want to go through a list of some things that have allowed me to grow and be in such a promising position in my young career. I owe a big thanks to the below, all of which will be greatly missed!
- Risdall Advertising Agency – A huge thanks to John Risdall who gave me a start and believed in me from day one. I learned so much about myself, the real world and marketing from this amazing place and met some incredible mentors along the way – Jared Roy and Chris Peterson to name a few.
- A truly special and diverse group of friends that love me for who I am and have opened my eyes to so many new and wonderful things in the world.
- My awesome cousins, The Howes, out in Stillwater, MN who put dinner on the table for me at least 2x a month and allowed me to torment their little kiddies time after time 😉
- Dinkytown – where it all began! College at The U of M was 4 of the best years of my life (from what I remember) and has allowed for a great foundation, socially and professionally!
- Uptown – This is where phase 2 of Minneapolis began for me. After school, I moved to Uptown where I lived in a great place, with awesome friends and began exploring all of the wonderful things this city has to offer (ie: the lakes, amazing food, beers and bars, awesome vintage shops, a top-notch music scene and more).
- The Current – Though I plan to stream it, The Current has been my baby. This independent radio station is the best in the country and has introduced me to so many new creative outlets in the Twin Cities.
- Urban Bean Coffee & The Movement Minneapolis. Two businesses that I frequented often and happen to be owned by crazy awesome dudes that have become great friends – thanks for the caffeine, social space, kettlebells and constructive abuse DDN and Greg.
- The INN, Cafe Maude, Marvel Bar and more. Some great friends happen to be awesome “mixologists” in Minneapolis. I have grown fond of true cocktails and these people/establishments have opened my eyes to the art that is alcohol, something I wish to continue learning more about in New York City!
I will also be missing my hometown of Milwaukee and everything that place means to me. Most importantly, my incredible family who I am very close with and all of my long-time friends who have been through thick and thin with me and truly know me best.
As one chapter closes, a new one begins. I am a big advocate of change and know that NYC will be a powerful and rewarding experience. I’ve got some amazing things to look forward to and I am excited to take all of you along for the journey. To anyone or anything that I’ve missed, thank you for everything!
Farewell, Minneapolis, it has been real.